Consumers have the following right of revocation for contracts of sale that were concluded outside business premises, and for distance selling contracts, with the exception of contracts for financial services.
(A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for a purpose that is mainly outside his trade, business or profession)
Right of revocation
You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen days without having to state any reasons for this.
The deadline period for revocation is fourteen days from the day on which you, or a third party appointed by you, who is not the carrier, took possession of the last of the goods.
To exercise your right of revocation you have to inform us,
Distrelec GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str. 4, 28359 Bremen
Commercial Register Bremen HRB 22748
Managing Director: Michael Jakal
by means of a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email) of your decision to revoke this contract. You can use the enclosed sample revocation form
for this, but this is not obligatory.
To comply with the deadline for revocation it suffices if you send off the notice that you are exercising your right of revocation, before the deadline expires.
Consequences of revocation
If you revoke this contract, we shall return all payments that we have received from you, including the delivery cost (except the additional costs incurred when you select a different form of transport than the least expensive, standard delivery offered by us), promptly and not later than fourteen days after the date on which we received the notice about your revocation of this contract. For this repayment, we shall use the same form of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless some other arrangement has been expressly agreed with you; in no case will a fee be charged to you for this repayment.
We may refuse the repayment until we have received the goods returned to us, or until you have provided evidence that you have sent the goods back, whichever is earlier.
You have to send back or hand over the goods to us promptly, and in any case not later than fourteen days from the date on which you informed us about the revocation of the contract. The deadline is considered to have been met if you send off the goods before the set period of fourteen days ends. You shall bear the direct costs for sending back the goods.
You will only have to pay for any loss in value of the goods if this loss in value is due to some use of the goods other than what is necessary to inspect the condition, properties and functioning of the goods.
Exclusion of right of revocation
Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, the right of revocation does not exist for the following contracts:
- for the supply of goods that are not ready-made and for which an individual choice or requisition by the consumer is decisive for their manufacturing, or which are evidently tailor-made to the personal requirements of the consumer,
- for the supply of goods that are subject to rapid decay or whose expiry date would be quickly passed,
- for the supply of sealed goods that are not suitable for returning because of reasons pertaining to the protection of health or hygiene, if their seal was removed after delivery,
- for the supply of goods that, due to their nature, are inseparably mixed with other items after delivery,
- for the supply of alcoholic beverages, the price of which was agreed at the time of concluding the contract, but which could not be delivered sooner than 30 days after concluding the contract, and whose actual value depends on fluctuating market conditions over which the contractor has no influence,
- for the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software in a sealed packaging, if the seal was removed after delivery,
- for the supply of newspapers, journals or illustrated magazines, with the exception of contracts for taking out subscriptions.
Status as of: 13 June 2014